The banana hair clip got its name for its resemblance to a southern fruit. The product has the shape of an elongated crab hairpin and actually resembles a tropical fruit. The long edges of the clip connect vertically to hold hair styled in different hair styles:
Banana hairpin — how to use?
The banana hairpin has been familiar to ladies since the 80s of the XX century. They wore such a clip on thick hair, releasing strands on the sides. Today, hairpins are used for different styling and this is a good way to keep hair out of the face. «Bananas» are:
- different sizes and styles;
- made of durable plastic, metal, wood;
- plain or embellished with rhinestones and stones.
«Ponytail» is the simplest hairstyle that uses a banana clip. How to use this product correctly for this styling:
- Before use, open the hair clip and lay it next to it.
- Comb the strands of hair.
- Bring the accessory open to the neck with the teeth up.
- Fix the «banana» at the desired height of the tail and connect the clip.
Fashionable banana clips
Every girl wants to feel attractive. To do this, ladies use a lot of tricks:
- acquire stylish clothes, expensive jewelry;
- do hair and manicure.
In the fashion world, there are a large number of various accessories, these include a banana hairpin. Stylish products are:
- decorated with stones, rhinestones, flowers from fabrics and ribbons;
- made from durable plastic. Not everyone likes metal clips because of their heaviness.
To purchase a banana hairpin or not, each fashionista decides for herself, having studied all the positive and negative sides of the product. More than 30 years ago, this accessory was already popular. Over time, the enthusiasm has passed, but fashion tends to return. The product has gained a second life due to its simplicity and practicality. The banana hair clip resembles a regular comb and fastens like a pin.
Metal banana clip
Wooden and plastic hairpins cannot always cope with thick and heavy hair, but a metal accessory will hold the hair very well without tearing out the hair and without causing pain when removed. Hairstyles with a metal banana hairpin with a low, loose “ponytail” or simply loose voluminous hair, clamped with a shiny clip, look beautiful. Metal «banana» — the most popular and purchased. This hairpin is durable and will serve its owner for a long time.
Banana hair clip with rhinestones
Products with rhinestones are at the peak of popularity, including hair accessories. A women’s banana hair clip decorated with rhinestones will enliven the image and make it bright and memorable. Such a clip will cost girls about three times more than a regular banana hair accessory. Best of all, a product decorated with rhinestones is suitable for a French braid or “harness”, a hairpin with a “banana” decor will add grace and lightness to the hairstyle.
Banana hairpin with flowers
Any girl, regardless of status and age, loves flowers. These gifts of nature are one of the main decorations of the wedding celebration. A stylish banana hair clip with flowers for hair will be a great addition to the bride’s look. To create hair accessories, foamiran is often used — a soft multi-colored elastic material. Flowers from foamiran:
- look natural;
- they can be wrinkled, they easily return to their shape;
- have a pleasant velvety surface;
- very light;
- not afraid of moisture.
Banana hairpin with stones
In addition to standard hair accessories, there are designer models decorated with stones. A beautiful banana hairpin is found in the collections of world brands such as Chanel and Dior. Masters decorate products with their own logo or inscription on the entire surface of the clip. Some jeweled «bananas» cost as much as a fortune, but you can find an attractive accessory for a reasonable price. The decor of stones on the hairpin will add shine to the image and add grandeur to its owner. Decoration on the hair can be placed:
- vertically, this is a commonly used option;
- horizontally, which will give unusual styling;
- on the side, it will give the hair a charm.
Banana hairpin with pearls
Pearl jewelry is one of the trends of this season. The jewelry industry produces pearls in artificial conditions, but this does not lose its charm. Natural pearls are organic gemstones that come in a variety of colors and shapes. It will perfectly complement the wedding hairstyle. A banana hairpin with a decor of pearls, even artificial ones, will decorate any styling.
Volumetric banana hairpin
In the presence of heavy and very long hair, a regular banana hairpin for women’s hairstyles will not work. In this case, it is necessary to purchase a very large model that will securely strengthen the installation. For girls with thick long hair, large massive banana hairpins are suitable. This model is convenient to use, the product will not open at the wrong time. If the hair is sparse, you should not buy large «bananas», the accessory will look bulky.
Kanzashi banana clip
Also popular are products beautifully decorated with fabric or feathers. This trend is observed in the creation of hair accessories, such as a banana clip. Hairstyles for long hair are made with large flowers, creating a bright look. Particularly successful are models made using the kanzashi (kanzashi) technique, an original type of Japanese creative modeling. The basis of kanzashi is the ability to fold long and sharp flower petals from pieces of fabric. Such art translated from Japanese means «hairpin». Accessories for this craftsmanship are used:
- satin or brocade ribbons, they can be of different colors and sizes;
- silk, felt or lace;
- the middle of the flowers, the decor of the petals is made of beads, buttons, beads.
Hair clip-banana hairstyles
A banana hairpin comes in different sizes, but you need to choose an accessory depending on the length of your hair so that it can fully cope with the task. A small model must be chosen for medium length hair. How to pierce a banana hairpin? You need to make a light pile so that the clip does not slip. For girls who love styling with a pile in front, a banana is perfect. Large hair accessories are chosen by ladies with thick and long curls.
With what and how to wear a banana hairpin? The product, decorated with rhinestones or stones, is in harmony with the evening dress. A solid color hair accessory can be combined with a business suit and is suitable for everyday life. So that the hairpin does not attract attention, you need to pick up a «banana» of the same color as the hair. For a more reliable fixation of the styling, it is necessary to use varnish.
Tail with banana clip
The simplest styling with a banana hair clip is a ponytail. Any girl can make it for herself without someone else’s help. This hairstyle does not have to be on the back, it can be on the side. You will get original hairstyles with a banana hairpin if the clip is not placed vertically, but horizontally, or the clip is masked, for this you need to choose a product to match the hair.
Braids with a banana clip
Fashionable braids are perfect for a walk or a romantic date; in such cases, a banana hairpin is needed not an ordinary plastic one, but decorated with stones or rhinestones. One of these options is the «French braid»:
- a classic braid is braided;
- the accessory is fixed so that the braid is surrounded by a comb;
- the edge of the braid is fixed with invisibility at the base of the «banana».
Another of the popular hairstyles is the “openwork braid”. This styling is more suitable for a solemn occasion. It will be difficult for a girl to make such a braid herself, she will need help:
- first of all, a strand is separated at the crown and it is bouffanted to create volume;
- this strand is fixed invisible;
- then a French braid is braided;
- a banana hairpin is fixed vertically;
- to hide the hairpin, the braid is loosened, easily pulled up;
- the lower and side edges of the braid are fixed with invisibility;
- hair is fixed with varnish.
Hairstyle shell hairpin-banana
More than a hundred years ago, noble ladies wore the “shell” hairstyle on their hair. Now this styling method can be found both in everyday life and at social events. It is suitable for business style, party and wedding celebration. After a few workouts, the “shell” styling with a banana hairpin can be easily created with your own hands. This hairstyle is ideal for ladies with an oval face shape. Girls with a round face are recommended to make bangs and leave curls along the cheekbones.
This hairstyle has several names — «banana», «twist», «shell», «roller»:
- styling is done on washed hair;
- mousse is applied, then dried with a hairdryer, giving the hair volume at the roots with a comb;
- the hair is combed back, a ponytail is made, which is slightly shifted to the left;
- starting from the bottom, the curls are twisted clockwise to the crown;
- the remaining edge of the hair can be left or put behind the roller;
- «shell» is fixed with a banana hairpin and several stealths;
- hair is fixed with varnish.