If a girl has soft nails that are very exfoliating and breaking, this makes a normal manicure impossible, and gives her hands an untidy, unkempt look. Therefore, this unpleasant phenomenon, of course, should be fought. But in order to restore the nail plates and give them a neat look, first of all, you should find out why the nails exfoliate and break, only then the treatment will be as effective as possible.
Causes of peeling and breaking nails
Fragility, vulnerability and delamination of nails can be explained by the action of various adverse factors, which can be conditionally divided into external and internal. External factors are those that affect the nail plates from the outside, from the outside, for example:
- frequent contact with water (especially chlorinated, hot);
- use of household chemicals without protective gloves;
- the use of formaldehyde-containing nail polishes, as well as acetone-containing nail polish removers;
- nail extension;
- improper manicure technique (in particular, improper use of a nail file);
- mechanical damage to the nail plates, etc.
Internal causes that lead to damage to nails from the inside are more difficult to recognize. They are associated with internal malfunctions in the functioning of the body, leading to the fact that the nail plates do not receive the substances necessary for their normal structure. These include the following pathologies:
- diseases of the digestive system;
- violations of metabolic processes in the body;
- hormonal disruptions and changes (including during pregnancy, during menopause);
- insufficient intake of macro- and microelements with food;
- heavy metal intoxication;
- alcohol abuse;
To understand which of the factors is provoking, you should carefully review your lifestyle. You may also need to see a doctor and conduct a complete diagnosis of the condition of the body.
What to do if nails break and exfoliate?
So that the nails do not exfoliate and do not break, the impact on them of all negative external factors should be excluded. Those. it is necessary to do all homework, which involves the contact of hands with detergents and cleaning products, only in protective gloves, learn how to do a manicure correctly, refuse harmful varnishes and liquids for removing them, etc. You also need to start eating properly and balanced so that the body receives a sufficient amount of nutrients. It is especially recommended to «lean» on foods rich in vitamins A, B, E, D, calcium, magnesium, silicon, zinc, and iron. In addition, you should drink more pure water.
Of the salon procedures that help to quickly restore nails, the following can be distinguished:
- wax sealing of nails;
- hot manicure;
- strengthening with biogel;
- paraffin therapy;
- ultraphonophoresis with vitamins;
At home, you can also improve and strengthen nails in various ways, including:
- oil baths;
- salt baths;
- gelatin baths;
- home wax sealing of nails;
- rubbing red and black currant juice into the nail plates, etc.
You should also pay attention to special varnishes for strengthening nails, which are produced by various brands.
If the reason that the nails exfoliate and break is in the existing pathology, then the doctor should deal with the treatment of the disease. After the course of treatment, it is recommended to drink a vitamin-mineral complex for at least a month, which will eliminate the imbalance of substances in the body.