Beautiful and well-groomed nails are an important part of a person’s appearance. Despite the fact that even high-ranking persons in ancient Egypt and China paid special attention to the condition of the nails, it is the modern beauty industry that can offer a woman a wide variety of ways to care for her hands and decorate them. This includes a wide selection of nail polishes, hand creams and, of course, nail extensions. The latter is a fairly popular procedure, because a woman gets the opportunity to get what she wants in a short period of time — long and beautiful nails.
Given that the main methods of obtaining nails of the desired shape and length are gel and acrylic extensions, many women face a choice. In order to determine what is better to use gel or acrylic for nail extension, you should study these materials in more detail. So, consider the difference between acrylic and gel:
- Acrylic is a powder that is mixed with a certain liquid and this mixture is applied to the nails. Moreover, it quickly hardens and the master needs to have time to evenly distribute it over the entire area of \u200b\u200bthe nail in a short time. And the remaining irregularities and imperfections are then filed and polished for a long time. The difference between gel and acrylic is expressed in the fact that there will be no such problems when applied. There is no need for any leveling, as the gel does not form bumps, thickenings, etc.
- The difference between gel and acrylic is also manifested in the strength of the nails obtained as a result. Acrylic nails can last a very long time with the right extension procedure and proper care. At the same time, gel nails are less durable. Thus, the question of what is stronger than gel or acrylic can be unambiguously answered: acrylic.
- What is better gel or acrylic will help to find out the procedure for removing nail polish. After all, acrylic nails fade when removing varnish, acquire a yellowish tint. Gel nails, on the other hand, do not change in any way after such treatment. Therefore, from this position, to the question of what is more aesthetically pleasing acrylic or gel, the correct answer should be recognized: gel.
- Of course, when building nails with acrylic or gel, the impact of the material on the health of the nails is important. Here we are haunted by another question: which is safer gel or acrylic? Acrylic coating due to the chemicals in the composition can lead to brittle nails, while the gel allows the nail to breathe and continue to exchange with the external environment. Also, the gel coating allows moisture to pass through.
- Naturally, thinking about what to choose gel or acrylic, a woman also thinks about the price of these services. And in most salons, acrylic extensions are cheaper, with the exception of services using the technology to create acrylic nails without filing and unpleasant odors.
- What is better to use gel or acrylic when building nails is the main dilemma for women who decide to carry out a similar procedure at home. With this option, difficulties will arise in both cases. Indeed, the use of acrylic requires a certain professionalism, and the smell in the process is not the most pleasant. And to fix the gel, ultraviolet rays are needed. That’s why it is best to turn to professionals to give special beauty and the desired length to the nails, after choosing gel or acrylic.
Thus, each woman decides for herself which gel or acrylic is better. And he makes a choice based on the price, durability and health hazards of acrylic or gel. The main thing is the strength and health of their own nails. Therefore, pay more attention to enriching nails with vitamins and do not expose them to frequent exposure to chemicals. After all, in the end, they will leave you with extended gel or acrylic nails, and your own will always delight you with beauty and brilliance.