If by nature you got brittle nails that you can’t grow in any way, the technology of nail extension on forms will come to the rescue. It is especially relevant in the case when building on tips is impossible:
- the natural nail is deformed, and tips cannot be used because of the risk of air bubbles;
- the surface of the living nail is very small, and the tips do not adhere well enough;
- hands often come into contact with water, and the tips may come off.
In addition, nail extension on the forms allows you to avoid unpleasant sensations, which, undoubtedly, will be appreciated by ladies who cannot tolerate the processing of their own nails with a file.
- Disposable paper forms for nail extension. Their main advantage is their low price. However, such forms are very naughty, and it will be difficult to fix them without skill. But paper forms can be adjusted with scissors under the arch of the nail, and if something goes wrong, it will not be a pity to throw the form away.
- Reusable forms for nail extension. They have a wire frame and are made of Teflon. Such forms hold firmly on the fingers, but, as a rule, they have standard sizes, therefore they are not suitable for ladies with too narrow or too wide nail plates. You can use Teflon molds many times, but they also tend to wear out.
The form for nail extension can be different: stylet, square, oval, square with round edges, triangle.
Preparation for extension
Regardless of the material that will be used to create an artificial nail on the form (gel, acrylic), before the procedure, you should:
- treat hands with an antiseptic;
- push back the cuticle;
- process the nail plate with a file to remove shine;
- remove dust;
- put on uniforms;
- degrease the nail;
- apply a layer of primer.
Acrylic nail extensions on molds
When using acrylic, the extension technology is as follows:
- Nails are prepared as described above.
- The form is put on.
- The lengthening of the nail bed is formed with acrylic.
- Acrylic powder of the desired color is applied to the free edge.
- Nails are filed.
Gel nail extension on forms
After, as soon as the primer layer is dry (not earlier than after 3 minutes), start applying the gel in the following sequence.
- Application of the base layer on the native nail and the form, taking into account the desired length (there are special marks on the form).
- Drying under UV lamp.
- Application of the construction layer.
- Removing the sticky layer.
- Processing with a saw and buff.
- Applying the final layer.