The choice of nail polishes is very large and every day it becomes more and more. New lines and types appear all the time, with various effects, designed to create a bright, catchy image. One of these varnishes can be considered a mirror nail polish, which often attracts the eye with its brilliance. Mirror polishes are glossy and usually have a metallic (gold or silver) tint.
Types of mirror manicure
Beautiful mirror nails can be obtained in several ways. This is the usual staining with varnish with a mirror effect, the use of a varnish film (MINX coating) or the extension of thin metal plates on the nails. The last method can be performed only in a salon, by an experienced manicurist, but the first two are quite accessible at home.
Using a lacquer film is considered the easiest and fastest way, which allows you to get a brighter metallic sheen. For such a manicure, you will need the varnish itself, which can be purchased at a cosmetic store, and a thermal lamp (you can use a hairdryer).
- Prepare your nails, give them the desired shape. If there is an old coating, wipe it off with an acetone-free agent, degrease the nail plate.
- Pick up pieces of film of the appropriate size (in some cases, you can cut too large a piece with nail scissors).
- Separate the film from the base and heat it. You need to heat it up until it starts to twist slightly.
- Apply the film to the nail, starting from the base, and smooth it carefully.
- Wait a few seconds and cut off the excess film.
How to choose a mirror varnish?
If you decide to stop at the most classic version of nail coloring and use varnish, then the first question arises — how to choose it correctly.
- Carefully study the composition of the varnish. It should not contain formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate — these substances are toxins. The issue of composition is especially relevant if you are going to buy a cheap, rather than a professional mirror varnish.
- Look at the brush. It must be even and hard, otherwise it will not be possible to evenly apply varnish on the nails.
- Examine the consistency of the varnish. The drop from the brush should fall quickly. If the varnish from the brush flows slowly, then it will not convey the mirror effect well.
- The varnish should be a homogeneous liquid, without inclusions and delaminations.
Mirror polish is applied to the nails in the same way as regular polish. First, the nail is covered with a base so that the coloring layer lies more evenly, and the nail plate does not change color, and at the end a fixative is applied.
Mirror nail polish brands
Of the professional products, mirror polishes from Chanel, Sally Hansen and OPI are the most popular among consumers.
- Sally Hansen — the most expensive, but high-quality option, which not everyone can afford.
- Chanel — Another good tool of the highest price category, but sometimes there are complaints about a too thin brush.
- OPI — products that represent a reasonable compromise between price and quality. It is fairly easy to apply, but sometimes it is difficult to get a uniform color. Dries for a long time.
In addition, varnishes such as El Corazon, EVA are widespread.
- El Corazon — in addition to the standard colors for mirror nail polishes, gold and metallic, it offers a wide palette of other shades. The mirror effect of additional tones is not so pronounced, but it is present.
- EVA — a budget option. It is easy to apply and dries quickly, but not resistant, lasts a maximum of 3-4 days. Unopened, it is stored no longer than two months.
- Avon. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly, but doesn’t hold very well. According to reviews, the manicure loses its appearance already on the first or second day.