Women take care of themselves very carefully — to the tips of their fingers. Sometimes when performing a manicure, you can find that the nails on the hands are exfoliating — the reasons for this cosmetic defect are very numerous. In some cases, it is enough to simply change the diet and provide enhanced care to the nail plates. But more often this pathology is provoked by serious violations of the health and functioning of internal organs.
External causes of the problem or why do nails exfoliate in healthy women?
If there are no diseases, and the cosmetic defect does not disappear even after applying special creams and oils, you should pay attention to your daily activities, such as washing dishes and cleaning.
Here, as a rule, it is not difficult to find out for what reasons the nails began to exfoliate:
- Tap water. Contact of nail plates with various disinfectant additives, such as chlorine, leads to their drying, cracking and delamination.
- Detergents. Any products for disinfection and cleaning of premises, car treatment are aggressive, therefore they injure the nails and provoke the problem under consideration. Especially if, during washing, increase the load on the nail plates, trying to scrape something off.
- Professional activity. Women working in hazardous industries are more likely than others to experience delamination of nails due to constant contact with toxic compounds.
In addition, a cosmetic defect may be the result of the habit of biting the nail plates, as well as improper care of the fingertips:
- blunt scissors or tongs;
- metal file;
- improper setting of manicure tools;
- filing the nail plates on the sides;
- intensive grinding;
- nail polish remover with acetone;
- lack of polishing of the edge of the nail plate;
- frequent build-up and correction;
- improper removal of gel polish.
What are the reasons for the strong exfoliation of the nails on the hands?
Pronounced stratification usually indicates a deficiency of certain nutrients in the body. The nail plates consist of fibrillar proteins or keratins, the production of which requires:
In addition to these amino acids, trace elements are needed for the normal state of the nails:
Also, damage to the nail plates provokes a deficiency of vitamins — A, D, C, E, and group B (B1, B3, B5).
What is the reason if the nails exfoliate very much?
Some women are faced with a situation where neither diet correction, nor the intake of vitamin-mineral complexes, nor careful care of the fingertips helps. If, when all of the above conditions are met, the nails are still very exfoliating, the reason is probably the development of internal diseases.
The described defect may be a characteristic or indirect sign of the following pathologies:
- allergic reaction;
- problems of the heart and cardiovascular system;
- bacterial or viral infection;
- fungal infection;
- elevated blood glucose levels;
- diseases of the thyroid and pancreas;
- inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract;
- kidney disease;
- malfunction of the liver and gallbladder;
- decreased immunity;
- hyper- and hypothyroidism;
- overwork, stress;
- circulatory disorders;
- changes in hormonal balance;
- excessive concentration of cholesterol in the blood.
It is impossible to independently diagnose one of the listed diseases, therefore, to confirm the existing suspicions, it is better to contact a specialist.