The extension procedure allows you to give your nails the desired shape and length in just 1.5-2 hours, strengthen them and create a unique design. Over time, the appearance of a perfect manicure deteriorates, as your own nail plates grow back quite quickly. Therefore, regular correction of extended nails is necessary, which is necessary not only to improve the appearance of the manicure, but also to prevent peeling of the artificial coating due to the penetration of air under it, the development of infections in the cuticle area.
How is nail extension done?
Briefly describe the procedure, it includes the replenishment of modeling materials, updating the coating, restoring the sealing and aesthetics of the nail plates.
Correction of nails extended on tips (acrylic technology):
- File overgrown tips with a reversible “drum” nozzle, process to a thin substrate.
- File the surface of the nail with a 180 grit file to completely smooth the transition from your own plate to the tips.
- Push back cuticles with a spatula.
- Make a hardware manicure with a diamond nozzle.
- Degrease and disinfect nails, wipe with a dry cloth.
- At the base of the tips, apply a small amount of acid-free primer.
- Using camouflage acrylic, lengthen the nail bed, shaping it with a brush.
- Model the apex and cuticle growth zone with a matte pink manicure powder.
- Compress the stress zone.
- Fix the clamp with a clothespin.
- Model the free edge of the nail with white acrylic. It can be laid out immediately on 2 tips.
- Form free edges with the base of a dense brush.
- File the tip of the nail with a reversible nozzle «drum».
- Treat the longitudinal and inner arches in the same way.
- File the apex and cuticle area with a corn nozzle.
- Using the “Step by Step” technique, file the nail plates with a 100 grit file.
- Using a reversible corn nozzle, sand the inner arch of the nail.
- Treat the hyponychium area, where the skin is in contact with the inside of the nail plate, with a carbide tip.
- File the sides and top of the nails with a 100 grit file, remove dust in the area of skin rollers with a diamond nozzle.
- Cover the inside of the free edges of the tips with a finishing gel without a sticky layer.
- Also cover the outer part of the nails with gel.
- Hold your hands under an ultraviolet lamp for 2 minutes to complete the procedure.
The described technique is also suitable for gel extensions. The amount of material used may vary depending on the design.
Is it possible to correct extended nails at home?
Of course, it is better to entrust the manicure to a professional. The master will not only perform the procedure more efficiently and quickly, but also assess the general condition of the plates and the skin around them, check the cuticle and periungual ridges for inflammation and damage, detect visually invisible microcracks in the nails and immediately fill them.
Self-correction is allowed only if at home there is the necessary equipment and materials for the restoration of the nail plates, as well as the necessary skills and experience.
How often do the correction of extended nails?
The average growth rate of one’s own nails is 2 mm in 7 days. Accordingly, it is recommended to restore the shape and appearance of a manicure at least once every 3 weeks.
It is important to remember that the indicated value is individual for each woman, therefore, only the owner of the manicure and her master can determine how often to correct extended nails.